The Squadron is always looking for interested adults who have time to assist the Squadron. The commitment can vary from a few events per year to a few hours every week. Volunteers can assist with the Squadron Staff (instructors of the Cadets) or on the Squadron Sponsoring Committee (coordinators of local sponsorships and facilities).
- To start, all adults come in as Civilian Volunteers (CV). In time, a CV can come on Squadron strength as a Civilian Instructor (CI) or may join the Canadian Forces as a Cadet Instructors Cadre (CIC) Officer.
- For the safety of all concerned, ALL adults must be screened.
Before an adult applies to volunteer, there may be a number of Frequently Asked Questions.
To join, a prospective volunteer must submit the following documentation. The forms are available at the Squadron.
- Letter in support of the Vulnerable Sector Screening letter that can be taken to the local police, as it explains the requirement for both a Police Records Check (PRC) and Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS).
- Volunteer and Member Application package. This includes a letter of introduction to the prospective volunteer, the Volunteer and Member Application Form and the Volunteer Confidentiality, Code of Ethics and Non-Disclosure Agreement form.
- Civilian Volunteer Agreement (CATO 23-07 Annex A) form, which is to be completed with the Squadron Commanding Officer.
- Renewal Application and Volunteer Confidentiality, Code of Ethics and Non-Disclosure Agreement forms. NOTE: As its name suggests, these forms are used when the volunteer registration card expires.
NOTE: All of these forms should be filled out in consultation with the Squadron Sponsoring Committee Chairperson.